Saturday, February 03, 2007

Around the neighborhood

Just a little chilly run around our neighborhood today. I recharged the Garmin, fired it up, and jogged around most of the little residential streets in our area to make a little map. No, I didn't actually run into the Eastern Bay, and that's the Miles River anyway, despite the label!

It seems I had a little upwards heart rate creep even while my pace slowed down slightly by the end. I wonder if there would have been less heart rate creep if I had carried water and didn't get very slightly dehydrated by the end. I'll check that another day!

It did pick up the one time I walked at about 0.75 miles to remove and stow my headband after I warmed up. Darn, can't put anything past these devices!!!

Hmm, I may not get in any biking at all this week. Just a little too cold to be enjoyable outdoors (high of 32*F and windy) and I'd rather pull out my fingernails than ride it on the trainer tonight, to tell the truth, mostly because I don't have a good DVD to watch tonight.

3 comments:

Andra Sue said...

Hey there! I'm a frequent reader (and fellow back-of-the packer), and figured I should finally de-lurk and say hello, as I now have my own tri blog of sorts. I really enjoyed hearing about your journey to IMFL last year. Very inspiring! :)

Phil said...

He he he. It starts.

Nancy Toby said...

Hmm. I just noticed it gets a lot more variable when I get tired too. Another thing to check...

And THANKS Andrasue!!!