- "I hate exercise." Chronic laziness! Now I hate it when I take an unscheduled day off.
- "I hate running." Now I enjoy it. Knowing that I'm making progress with each step helps. Ambitious race goals also help.
- "I hate running in the rain/cold/heat." There are still lots of days when it's not my favorite weather, but now it's a very rare day that I'll reschedule a workout due to weather.
- "I especially hate running on the track." Now I choose to run on the track once or twice per week - yes, it sometimes gets boring, but more often I find it relaxing and often inspiring. Certainly very convenient for me and safer than the roads when I run in the dark. I like to monitor my pace and use the track for intervals.
- "I hate swimming laps." Now it's a treat to have a solid hour free to spend in the pool working on my stroke.
There is one I'm hanging on to, though. I can't change everything!
- "I hate getting up early." But I do it anyway.