Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Swim leg fake-outs

I just realized that I'm going to be WAY confused during the Eagleman swim.

The first women's wave has hot pink swim caps, then neon orange caps, and the next wave has bright yellow caps.

Then my wave.

So while swimming, it's going to be murder to try to spot the orange and yellow buoys and distinguish from the swim caps. And the guys on the kayaks in yellow coats.

Fortunately when you go out, there's a sailboat to spot towards, that you circle around.
On the way back, there's a huge telephone tower to sight, that's the best tall landmark, I think....

Just be ready for it!! Forewarned is forearmed! We won't be fooled again, no no no!

6 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

Good visualization of the race day plan!

21stCenturyMom said...

Good thing to know. So use things way up above the water line for sighting - no looking at the surface! My sighting skills are really poor - even if I can see where I'm going and I will be attempting to swim across the SF Bay on Sunday. I'm giving you advice to remind myself of what I need to do to keep from being swept out to sea!

Steve Stenzel said...

Sounds confusing....

Vickie said...

You can actually see the cap colors from a ways off?? I figure I'm lucky to see the buouys.

Jonah Holland said...

Nancy, I remember reading something recently from VIGO that actually said they moved the boat so we DON'T go around it this year. (as was announced previously)...I'll check into it.

Nancy Toby said...

Oh, Jeez, here we go again - one year we didn't, one year we did - this is the most confusing thing of all, especially when you're in the water trying to figure out what to do.