Thursday, June 07, 2007

Snarky

Is feeling snarky part of the tapering process?

I swam today at the Y. Big deal. I couldn't swim in the cool pool because the Special Olympians were in there doing a practice or something. So I had to swim in the warm pool. Where a father swimming with his two kids and some bizarre lady who seemed disoriented and insisted on walking back and forth in my lane. Now I know I can always use practice sighting and all that, and I try to keep an even keel, but it was still distracting me and pissing me off. Like I really want to have to sight ahead every 5 strokes during my workout to make sure I'm not going to run into some kid right in front of their father.

1200 yards only including a "fast" 500 yards just to convince myself that I hadn't forgotten how to swim.

Which is slightly more than half of what I have to swim on Sunday, before cycling 56 miles and running 13.1 miles. I sure hope we have the 0 to 4 mph winds that are forecast. Except during the run leg when we will be likened to fried eggs on the breezeless baking pavement.

So I've been taking out my frustration by leaving snarky comments throughout the blogosphere. If you were the recipient of one of them - HELP SOMEONE STOLE MY PASSWORDS IT WASN'T ME



And oh yeah, did I mention, my computer chair broke today, and my kid made a slurry of my bath salts in the sink, and then flushed a whole new bottle of generic Claritin down the toilet?

9 comments:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Hey - there's no cranky in triathlon! No whining or complaining, either! Article 234.b section 4 clearly states: All triathletes must be fully attired in complete stoicism at all times.

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

nancy, I got two words for you:

Hand cuffs.

You need to start threatening those kids with a trip to the closet with a rosary and a candle. Then maybe they'll stop flushing your pharmaceuticals down the toilet.

Repeat after me: "Mommy needs the claritin. If you can't get the claritin back, I'm afraid I'll have to sell one of you. So. Which one am I selling today?"

21stCenturyMom said...

Not cranky enough to leave snark on my blog and NOW I'M FEELING NEGLECTED! Do that again and your Ibuprofen is going down the drain.

Phil said...

A PSA comment for other befuddled unedjucatid bloggers (or science majors like me):

i·ras·ci·ble
adj.
1. Prone to outbursts of temper; easily angered.
2. Characterized by or resulting from anger.

I had to look it up :)

Brent Buckner said...

Taper madness.

Andra Sue said...

I don't think it's the taper, I think it's the kids. Booooo on summer vacation! Just the humble opinion of one blissfully child-free triathlete. :)

Bigun said...

Can't you just lock those buggers in the closet? Thanks for having and bringing kids into the world...and to all of you with more than, say 2 kids, doing more than your fair share, thanks to you too - I can rest easy with no kids knowing that you guys and gals are picking up my slack. Thanks again!

Comm's said...

Oh Nancy, I feel so for you. Hope you have a better day.

jeanne said...

snarky? I LOVE SNARKY! It's right up there with cynical and ranting! don't ever change. :)