Saturday, June 09, 2007

Back from Eagleman check-in

The wind was howling and screaming, but everything else is looking great for tomorrow!

Saw our accident victim Dave on the way there - he's looking pretty good despite some swelling remaining in his knee, but aside from some stiffness that will take a while to work out, I'm quite hopeful that he will make it to his Ironman finish line in two weeks!! I left him my bike trainer to use as soon as the knee permits.

In Cambridge I saw Chip, Chuck, Michele (who is going to race a demo bike tomorrow! Is that crazy, or what!!), Sandy, had the pleasure of meeting Triathlonmom (who I think is in my wave, see you tomorrow!) and I think I saw Carrie (whose husband Jude is doing the 4.4-mile Bay Swim tomorrow) riding a bike through town sporting the CMS colors. Talked to Holly who was still on her way driving there. It sure makes it more fun, knowing more people there in my third consecutive year doing the race.

The transition is all different this year, I'm not qute sure where I'll be going, but since I'm starting in the next-to-last wave I'll be one of the last ones going through both T1 and T2 I can just follow along behind the others. If anyone is in sight, that is!!

The water was SUPER-warm. Perfect temperature. I'm debating between the long sleeves or the sleeveless wetsuit, but I think I'll err on the side of extra flotation.

GOOD LUCK tomorrow, everyone!! And thank you, volunteers!!

Race-day forecast still looks excellent - 68*F to 71*F and 6-7 mph winds during the race. BELIEVE!!

6 comments:

Peter said...

Respect; hope its ok to add you to my list of links,
Peter.

Nancy Toby said...

Please do! Welcome to blogland!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Nancy! Stay strong and good race!

Brent Buckner said...

Rock the course!

UltraMamaC said...

good luck!!! you'll do a great job, I'm sure!

LBTEPA said...

Good luck Nancy!