Saturday, June 02, 2007

Beautiful June day

The best month of the whole year! I'm still bouncing back from this nasty cold, so I slept in and only got in a 30-mile ride on the bike today instead of the metric century that I had hoped to do. I got in two whole laps in the pool, however, when we took the girls over in the afternoon. I think we're going to be spending a lot of time this summer playing at the pool - they love it!



Just got some bad news that my training buddy David crashed on his bike today, a short three weeks out from his Ironman at Coeur d'Alene. He had a trip to the emergency room plus 28 stitches, but fortunately nothing was broken. He's in good shape, and he's got plenty of training hours deposited in the Bank of Ironman already, right where it should be. I'm hoping that this will enforce some rest before his race instead of training too hard too soon before the race!

5 comments:

Julia said...

Give regards to David. On the upside maybe he'll have a macho biking scar!

21stCenturyMom said...

Owie for David - I hope he makes a full recovery and can keep the wheels on his IM train.

Could you please explain about those little water shoes on your kid's feet?

Nancy Toby said...

They're just that - kid's water shoes from Land's End! Probably not really needed today, but some days the deck around the kid's pool gets pretty darned scorching hot for little feet, and the bottom of the pool is pretty slippery too.

UltraMamaC said...

consider what you just wrote there: "I *only* did 30 miles today.." Wow -- regardless of what was planned, that's still an accomplishment, on the back end of a cold, too. You are a superstud, even on your off days!!

Kewl Nitrox said...

I was just wondering about the shoes too. Sounds like a good idea...

Good to read that you are feeling better, I have been sleeping in too, and I think I am also well enough to get back into training now.

Ride on!