Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I may bounce back after all

I was concerned about my fifth half marathon in my series of five for my 50th year, after last Saturday's crappy run.

But today I did a timed 5K in 33:47 while keeping my heart rate under 165 bpm, which is a sustainable pace for me.

If I could keep that up for 13.1 miles it would get me a 2:22 half marathon, which would be a PR by 4 minutes. That's not terribly likely, but it's not impossible, either.

I'm just glad I can run again without my heart rate going through the roof or coughing out nasty things.

On to the inaugural Bridge to Bridge Half Marathon on Saturday!!

3 comments:

21stCenturyMom said...

Oh great - now I have to train and do another 1/2 mary because you are about to beat my PR!!

Nancy Toby said...

I would enjoy that! :-)

Fe-lady said...

Best of luck! You are one inspiration and a bit crazy if I do say so myself...(but it takes one to know one!)