Friday, July 28, 2006

Millionaires, anyone?

I just read today in the local paper that the closest "large" town to us (Easton, Maryland, population around 15,000), has the 7th highest per-capita level of millionaires in the country. That's ahead of places like Hilton Head, Punta Gorda, Napa, Pinehurst, Thousand Oaks, Santa Barbara, etc. That's a surprise to me! Then I'd expect to see a lot more slick carbon-fiber bikes around here than I do, but I guess they're putting their money into carbon-fiber masts for their sailboats, swimming pools to look at but not actually swim in, and splurging on the $12.99 Friday night buffet with the other retirees at the local Yacht Club.

As for me today - I'm still not a millionaire, and my ankle is flaring up and painful. Just the normal arthritis it always has from some old joint damage, only worse. I don't know why it's acting up now, since I sure haven't been running many miles. Hopefully I'll get in an hour or two on the bike this afternoon, and maybe even a swim in the morning if I get up early. We're leaving about noon tomorrow for two weeks on the road to include Steelhead 70.3 in Michigan. It would be nice not to have to walk the entire 13.1 miles at the end of the day.

Guess I'd better mop the kitchen floor to keep the ants at bay while we're gone.

1 comment:

Mojo said...

I think packing and getting things together for vacation is awful. By the time I leave, I'm usually exhausted from making sure all the animals are okay. I can't imagine how it must be with two toddlers!

$12.99 for a dinner buffet, not bad for millionaires. Is it any good?

Have a great trip, hope you get to post some with updates!