Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Today's ride

I went out early today to get in a 2-hour ride while my husband was still here to watch the girls. Everything went well on my usual route to Claiborne to visit the osprey (pictured), where I saw a distressing concentration of sea nettles (jellyfish) in the water. Ugh! I hate 'em!

I was keeping a good pace in the 17+ mph range but managed to accidentally reset both my bike computer and my watch en route, so I don't have exact numbers.

I was able to pass some other cyclists (which is always fun, especially when it's a guy wearing a yellow jersey during the Tour de France) and I scared a couple of deer into the woods, but otherwise it was just a fairly routine workout, putting the mileage into my legs.

7 comments:

Jonah Holland said...

love that, passing a guy in a yellow jersey during the Tour. Go you!

Brooke said...

Sounds like a good ride to me. Great picture by the way.

Granny said...

Re you comment on BB about pregnancy and the marathon.

I was thinking about you as I read the post and darn if you weren't the first one there.

I was going to link to you.

Ann

Kewl Nitrox said...

So that's why so many people pass me when I wear my yellow jersey - I got it because it was on sale and a visible colour. :)

I don't much like jelly fish and sea nettles either...

Iron Pol said...

With the long weekend, The Pol-R Express was put through the paces. Forty-one miles both Saturday and Monday, both as bricks (swim/bike, bike/run). I still obsess about the bolts on the front sprocket since you had your little incident. Paranoia is good, sometimes.

And from a few posts down, first corn-dogs are awesome. Toddler Pol loves them. And despite his love of all things fire-truck, we couldn't get him NEAR the equipment when we visited a fire station. The fair will be fun for the kids, soon enough. Then, you won't be able to get them back home.

Shaun said...

I was afraid of the jellyfish at Sandy Point this past weekend. Luckily, I made it out with a sting.

Shawn said...

Jellyfish and sharks are my version of Hell....