I heard Chris Lieto won and set a course record (which means Macca did not win) but that's just rumor. Weather was perfect for the earlier waves - started to sprinkle a bit when I started the run, though.
One really nice thing they did (I love all the races they manage) was print people's results after the finish line on small cards, so we had instant timing results. I'm sure I finished way at the bottom of my age group, but I'm happy with that after starting the day not really expecting to finish.
- Swim: 33:18 (Olympic PR)
- T1: 6:54 (took a nap and squandered every bit of the extra time I gained in the swim - even though I did have a crummy rack spot with nearly the longest bike run-out on wet slippery grass).
- Bike: 1:46:11 (my 2nd fastest on this brutal course - watched my HR to keep it from spiking and spun slowly up all the hills seated)
- T2: 3:06 (another siesta)
- Run: 1:15:55 (my 2nd fastest on this course - even watching my HR and walking every time it hit 175 except the last 2 miles, but started coughing quite a bit)
- Finish: 3:45:23 (2nd fastest on this course by about one minute)
More details may follow in a long report, some day....