Sunday, May 18, 2008

Back from Columbia

Back from Columbia! And I finished, for my 4th trip around this course!! And (despite my horrible negative expectations after being sick for ~6 weeks) I had a great deal of fun, too!

I heard Chris Lieto won and set a course record (which means Macca did not win) but that's just rumor. Weather was perfect for the earlier waves - started to sprinkle a bit when I started the run, though.

One really nice thing they did (I love all the races they manage) was print people's results after the finish line on small cards, so we had instant timing results. I'm sure I finished way at the bottom of my age group, but I'm happy with that after starting the day not really expecting to finish.
  • Swim: 33:18 (Olympic PR)
  • T1: 6:54 (took a nap and squandered every bit of the extra time I gained in the swim - even though I did have a crummy rack spot with nearly the longest bike run-out on wet slippery grass).
  • Bike: 1:46:11 (my 2nd fastest on this brutal course - watched my HR to keep it from spiking and spun slowly up all the hills seated)
  • T2: 3:06 (another siesta)
  • Run: 1:15:55 (my 2nd fastest on this course - even watching my HR and walking every time it hit 175 except the last 2 miles, but started coughing quite a bit)
  • Finish: 3:45:23 (2nd fastest on this course by about one minute)

More details may follow in a long report, some day....

11 comments:

Kelley said...

Great job! It was a great day for a race there for a while, although I'm sorry the rain didn't hold off for another hour (I was spectating). I'm really impressed with your time after all the illness issues...amazing! And, yes, Chris Lieto did win in record time. He was blazing through the course.

LBTEPA said...

Congratulations Nancy :)

Fe-lady said...

Solid effort! Glad you are back in the game!

Rainmaker said...

Nicely done! Congrats on the swim PR, and overall well nailed course!

jbmmommy said...

Great job, you're clearly more fit than you gave yourself credit for!

Lesser is More said...

Great job! At least you had the rain when you were on the run course. I bet it felt kinda nice. I had it on the bike course, which make for some scary descents down those hills.

ShirleyPerly said...

I'm so glad things turned out well! Look forward to the details.

Lynne said...

You NEVER fail to amaze me! Nice job!!

jeanne said...

nice job! nice swim PR, and all those 2nd fastest's--you ARE stronger than you know!

MamaMaven said...

Congrats on finishing! We had a great time watching at the bike dismount. Glad you got wet on the run and not the bike.

Formulaic said...

You just needed a forced taper to come back strong.

Way to go! That's a smoken fast swim time.

NICE!