Sunday, May 04, 2008

Fully loaded


Some incredible photos of touring bikes over at http://www.fullyloadedtouring.com/

(first seen at Biking Bis).

Amazing array of options for long-distance cycling travel - something I've always wanted to do. I think it may have to wait for many, many years now, though - if the girls want to do it when they're older! Today for the first time we took both their bikes over to the track and they each rode one full lap. It's a long way from a quarter-mile to across the country, though!

1 comment:

Calyx Meredith said...

My love of cycling started with touring. My mother and I rode across our state with the annual organized ride Bike Ride Across Tennessee (BRAT). It was a fantastic way to spend time together and to see our state. I highly recommend it as a mother-daughter(s) activity (someday)!

But I really dropped by to say that your comment on athena diaries has completely stuck in my head. BMZ is the perfect (PERFECT!) label for that negative space I get into during training/racing where all I want to do is growl. Thank you!