Friday, October 05, 2007

Race day simulation

That's what's on the agenda for tomorrow morning. The last long pre-marathon training run.

I've got the rear of the minivan filled up with bottles and a gallon jug of water, Clif Bloks, gels, Endurolytes, and clean washcloths for mopping up sweat.

I'll probably throw some cookies in there as well in the morning!

Twilight begins at 6:38, with sunrise at 7:05. I'm going to try to be running by 6:45. Temps will be 67-75*F, humidity 85-97% (whew!).

My goal is to finish 20 miles (nearly 9 of my usual loops), running with my heart rate in the 155-165 range for at least the first 10, 165-175 for the 2nd 10 miles. We'll see how fast that gets me (I'm not counting time stopped at the minivan in my pace, just running time).

My training buddy David is supposed to come out there about 8AM. That will help pass the time, because this is going to be a 4.5 to 5 hour session.

3 comments:

Downhillnut said...

Have a good one, Nancy! Keep on going like a freight train :)

jeanne said...

good luck tomorrow! you can do it.

Rainmaker said...

Holy cow - I could never imagine doing 9 loops. That takes serious mental will power! Good luck!

Wow, I didn't look at this weekends temps until you noted it. 90* on Sunday. Yikes!