Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Blood pressure

I haven't been to a physician since my girls were born, 4.5 years ago. BUT I just checked my BP on my home monitor that I used for a while while I was pregnant (put away and couldn't find since then) and 5 readings were between:

127 to 129 systolic
76 to 78 diastolic

(I had a couple lower readings, actually, but it was adjusted slightly wrong).

COOL!!! Not too bad for an overweight 50-year-old!
Now I wish I could do a blood lipid profile on myself and I wouldn't need to go in to the d*mn doc at all!!
So this triathlon stuff may be good for something after all, even if I'm not fast or competitive, eh??

4 comments:

LBTEPA said...

you say you're not fast or competitive as though it's a bad thing!
and btw who brought home bling recently?
congrats on your well-earned good health :)

Nancy Toby said...

I mean competitive in the sense of not placing in age-group competition.... no comment on my competitive nature!!!!

Spokane Al said...

I don't mean to butt in with an uncalled for opinion, but with your advancing age (I can say that being older than you) shouldn't you be going to see a doctor every year for all that female related stuff?

Nancy Toby said...

Ha! But doctors SUCK!!

My take is that they're drumming up business by medicalizing healthy people. :-)