Friday, July 13, 2007

T-boned

Yep, that's what the old lady did to my minivan as she came out of the Lowe's access road without even slowing down. She was so discombobulated she wasn't even going to get out of her car to see if there was any damage.

Fortunately owing to my lightning-fast super-triathlete reflexes, I swerved away from her enough that all her '97 Buick did was push her front license plate into my rear wheel, which tore her plate and frame off and sent it flying across the street. Damage to my minivan's wheel was only cosmetic, as far as I can tell, and no damage on the body at all. And my girls were in the Y camp at the time. Whew!!

But that ended up cutting short my time available for the pool, so I just hopped in for a quick 500 yards today. Just enough to calm down my shaking hands.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. Glad to hear it wasn't more serious. Yay for LFST reflexes!

Dianne W. said...

Ack! I presume all is ok?

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'm glad you're okay! Being sharp and healthy pays off in surprising ways!

Fe-lady said...

Glad you are OK...and hope she had insurance! (Glad the girls weren't in the car too....yikes!) Some people just shouldn't be driving!!!!!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

YIKES it ripped your WHEEL off? Or your tire? Cause if it was your wheel I'm thinking it did some damage...glad you're not hurt!

S. Baboo said...

Yowsa! Gald you are ok!

Noah Wood - A Maryland Runner said...

Wow, glad you're all right and that it did not injure you or mess up your training either! I'll never understand why some people speed/drive recklessly through parking lots. Hope your car's doin' better!

Vickie said...

Lucky it wasn't so much worse. I think when accidents happen because of stupidity on the part of others, it is all the more annoying.