Friday, July 06, 2007

I just saved a bunch of money....

. . . on my entry fee! By signing up almost 9 months early for the National Marathon next March in Washington, DC, I saved ten whole entire dollars. That (and Marine Corps Marathon in late October) will be my prep races for Big Sur at the end of April.

Barring injuries and the Chesapeake don't rise.

Registration: Wirefly National Marathon and Half Marathon
Purchase Date: 07/06/07
Category: Full Marathon 26.2 Miles
Event Date: 03/29/08
Name: NANCY TOBY

Glad they reminded me how freakin' far a marathon is. Damn, this one is 26.2 miles too.

4 comments:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Wow, with all those stars and stripes you might be getting some more of that seriously patriotic bling!

21stCenturyMom said...

Big Sur?? end of April?? What? What? That puts in my 'hood. Huzzah!

Spokane Al said...

I suspect that when you calculate your savings as a percentage vs. a dollar amount the savings is significant indeed.

Of course if you get injuried just prior to an IM that puts you in a severe fiscal hole for a long, long time.

Brent Buckner said...

Some year I'll get out to the Marine Corps Marathon. Definitely on my To Do list. Nice to have your plans together!