Sunday, March 09, 2008

Quarter mile repeats

I was all set to get on the bike today, but the wind gusts and chilly temperatures dissuaded me. Bike training will have to wait. I headed to the track to work on my speed (so to speak) instead. So I did quarter-mile repeats inside of a jogged 5K (total time 32:44):
  • 2:15
  • 2:16
  • 2:18
  • 2:23

Have to get those down more toward two minutes flat to get the kind of 5K time that I want to hit this year. Actually, that I want to hit in three weeks at the Eastern Shore Senior Games, but if I do the 40 km bike race in the morning I'm not too confident of my running speed in the afternoon. I'll just have to run as best I can.

Our Biggest Loser YMCA program initial weigh-in is tomorrow, too, so I haven't been limiting my intake very much this weekend. How is this for backwards self-defeating thinking: It's to my advantage in the Biggest Loser competition to be heavier going in. Of course, it's NOT to my overall advantage, but anyway. . . .

2 comments:

Rainmaker said...

Nicely done and fairly consistant!

Wise move on staying inside. The wind was indeed pretty nasty today. I went out for a short run this morning and was getting blown around like a rag doll.

Good luck tomorrow! Sounds like you need to swing by your local IHOP for an all you can eat pancake breakfast before heading to the weigh in. And about 5 glasses of water.

Jade Lady said...

I can't wait til I can even jog 5K. That's my goal for the end of the week. Too funny on the food thing!