Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Transitions

I got The Call yesterday morning. I just submitted this to a local newspaper for my father, only I removed the proper names for this blog. Naturally there are volumes that I left out of this terse announcement, but they're not necessary. Rest in peace, Dad.



James [my father] died Monday, January 21, 2008 in Durham, North Carolina. He was 85. Born July 13, 1922 in Chicago, Illinois, he was the son of the late [grandfather] and [grandmother]. The family moved to Asheville in the mid-1930s.

“Jim” attended Georgia Tech before WWII, when he served in the U. S. First Army, landing in France in August 1944 and serving throughout the Battle of the Bulge and the crossing of the Ruhr and Rhine rivers.

He later graduated from Northwestern University and was employed by the American Can Company near Chicago, Illinois.

He was married in 1949 to [my mother] of [small town], Michigan.

He retired in 1980 and returned to Asheville where he was active in Alcoholics Anonymous service for 25 years.

He is survived by his daughters, [sister] of [her town], Texas, and [myself] of St. Michaels, Maryland, and six grandchildren.

Interment arrangements are pending.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

My heartfelt sympathy Nancy.

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

I am so very sorry, Nancy. May you find some peace in your daughters eyes and laughter during these coming weeks.

Jenny Davidson said...

Yes, most heartfelt condolences.

Brent Buckner said...

My condolences. Thank you for posting.

Born To Endure said...

I'm so sorry Nancy...

scarinzic said...

Terribly sorry to hear of your loss, Nancy. I found your blog through trifuel.com, but I'm saddened to hear about your Father.

Formulaic said...

You and Your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

He will always be proud of you and your family.

:) said...

I am so sorry to hear this, Nancy...


stay strong.

Carrie said...

Our thoughts are with you.

21stCenturyMom said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad, Nancy. You have my most heartfelt condolences.

LBTEPA said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear that Nancy (hugs)

DebbieJRT said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Nancy.

Adrith said...

I'm so sorry to hear, Nancy. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

UltraMamaC said...

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know it must be a difficult time.

Julia said...

So sorry Nancy. My condolences.

Una said...

Nancy, we're so sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Ellie Hamilton said...

Been thinking about you and your family a lot the last couple days. My thoughts and feelings are with you.

Ellie Hamilton said...

Been thinking about you and your family a lot the last couple days. My thoughts and feelings are with you.

Noah Wood - A Maryland Runner said...

Nancy, I hope you are doing all right. My condolences. I'll keep you in my prayers!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

Nancy, I'm sorry to hear about your father.

Miss Rachel said...

I am sorry for your loss Nancy. Take care.

jeanne said...

so sorry nancy.