Sunday, February 03, 2008

To the end of the world

. . . . or at least down to the end of the peninsula on bikes today. Which I haven't done for a long while (24 days off the bike!), and my legs are reminding me of that fact.


35.3 miles at an average pace of about 16.0 miles per hour. I need to get back to doing that weekly, definitely!

Then Evil Training Buddy Dave insisted that I do a one-mile run off the bike. Ouch! That felt just as dreadful as I though it would.

But then I looked at the Garmin data: 9:16 min/mile pace!? Where the heck did that come from? It was feeling more like a 14:00 min/mile pace!

I've got a 5K to run next Saturday, as part of our local running championship series. I can't remember exactly, but I don't think I've run an official 5K race since November 2005, when I ran a 30:26 (9:49 min/mile pace). This one will be an interesting test of speed. (Oh, yeah, there was that one I ran with Lance, but I wasn't going for time. I let him beat me.)

Just now the whole Internet seems dead, I think because of some dumb old football game. *yawn* Not that I'd know anything about that.

5 comments:

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Good luck in next week's 5k. Running a 9:16 min/mile off of the bike may be predictor of a PR?

Go get 'em, Nancy.

Stay tuned...

Rainmaker said...

Nice ride! Anytime your GPS map includes full islands, it's an awesome ride!

Holly said...

NICE JOB! Way to rock it on the 1 mile BRICK - Looks like you could do some damage to your Eagleman PR if you can keep that up in training! We should all have an EVIL Dave, Training Partner!

Sally JPA said...

Just found your blog. I've decided to do a mini-triathlon in summer 2009 (got the running down okay, gotta work on the other two!), so I'm very inspired to read about what you're doing.

Nancy Toby said...

Thanks for stopping by!! Looking forward to hearing about your successful journey into TRIATHLON!