Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Go Speed Racer!

My new aero helmet arrived the other day. I'm going to look pretty much exactly like this guy on the left. Only holding aero bars instead of a steering wheel. And without an M since we all know what big red Ms mean, and it ain't me. Just picture a race number and a couple air vents in that location.

I took my bike into the shop today for the big overhaul it hasn't had since I bought it. (Wow, it's nearly my three year blogversary!) Hmm, let's add it up: Tune-up, new chain, new fast RED pedals, new cassette, new compact cranks. . . . this bill is going to be scary, but let's just say it's amortized over three years of ownership, several thousand miles, and hopefully many more to come.

Then since the girls behaved well in ballet class (only one more to go!) and waited more or less patiently while I was in the bike shop, they got the huge treat of going to McDonald's for dinner. Yeah, we did some nutritional damage there. I'll run tomorrow.

3 comments:

Spokane Al said...

You made it three years on the same chain? Wow - I go through three chains in a single year. I must be doing something wrong.

Nancy Toby said...

No, I think this is the 3rd chain. And I replaced the cowhorns that I bent falling-while-clipped. And I've tried about 6938 saddles. But other than that.....

Julia said...

"Here he comes, here comes Speed Racer, he's a demon on wheels (ba ba ba ba ba), he's a demon and he's gonna be chasin' after someone...

My brothers used to watch that EVERY DANG DAY after school for years and years...