Friday, February 29, 2008

Getting my swim back

Fortunately my swim stroke doesn't seem to have deteriorated too much with dire neglect over the winter. I was able to get in 1500 yards today which felt reasonably easy, including one 500-yard set in 10:54. Woot, if I could maintain that pace on race day for three times the distance (and have a wetsuit advantage and not have to do a bejillion turns, either, assuming I could stay on course) I could swim a PR 35:45. I'd like that! So far my Olympic triathlon swim PR is 36:51.

I'm hoping that a performance improvement in my bike with new components (augmented by my spiffy new aero helmet) will offset my dire neglect of bike training over the winter, too.

2 comments:

Spokane Al said...

Perhaps you could also request that some jelly fish be added to the mix to help you maintain your speed.

Nancy Toby said...

Ha! I prefer to avoid those, but I'll swim in the Chesapeake with jellies long before I'll swim in the Atlantic without a wetsuit again!! BBRRRRR!