Thursday, February 21, 2008

What's with these old folks!?



Just found the schedule for the Virginia Senior Games in Virginia Beach, which I have to do (that or Maryland's) if I'm going to qualify for the Nationals at Stanford in 2009.
http://www.vrps.com/associations/6022/files/VSG%202008%20Registration%206.pdf

These old people get up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep, so what the heck, let's start the competition, right?

  • Thursday 20 May: 20K cycling ITT: 7:00 AM
  • Friday 21 May: 5K cycling ITT: 6:30 AM
  • Saturday: Nothing unless I want to do track and field sprint stuff and probably pull a muscle . . . or learn to play tennis by then . . . guess I'll volunteer at the track and field events.
  • Sunday: 5K race 7:00 AM
  • Sunday: 10K race 8:30 AM
Sheesh. I might as well not sleep. I guess I'll have to instigate the drunken geriatric revelries on Friday night. (Now just try to get that mental image out of your head!!!)

The other thing I have to figure out is how to take three minutes off my best 5K time in 3 months so that I can qualify in that (25:08 or better). Ouch.

2 comments:

LBTEPA said...

Early race = early finish = early start to the revelry!

Fe-lady said...

What time do your races usually start? Our races always begin early here....but it's because of the heat!
(I am used to 5:30 a.m. workouts...so 7:00 or later seems like I am waiting around forever!)