Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Carry your caffeine

I'm a caffeine addict. Low caffeine is part of the reason that I fizzled out at the Columbia Triathlon last Sunday. But never again! I'm going to be sure to stock up on some of my favorite products for packing along one of the most effective and most reliable Performance Enhancing Drugs of all time: caffeine. There are several flavors of caffeinated sports gels on the market, but most of the caffeinated flavors are awful-tasting to me. Here are a few alternatives:

Caffeinated Clif Bloks in cola, orange, or black cherry flavors (50 mg caffeine/bag)

Penguin Caffeinated mints in peppermint, cinnamon, or chocolate flavors

Moovitz caffeinated candies in chocolate or coffee milk flavors

6 comments:

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Have you tried Gator Gum yet? Two pieces is like a cup of coffee. The bad news is the flavor fades fast and the bitterness from the caffeine makes you want to die.

nancytoby said...

Uhhhh... no, sounds .... yummy!

That's my problem with a lot of the gels, the bitter flavor is awful!!

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Or you could just fill your camelback with Mountain Dew...not that I do it, but I've always wanted to.

nancytoby said...

It's true I love Mountain Dew!

I don't understand why Mountain Dew and *good* coffee and good chocolate isn't bitter, but anything else with caffeine in it is. ???

Fe-lady said...

Pack some Godiva...darker the better! :-)

S. Baboo said...

Don't forget the newest flavor of Nuun, Kona Cola, it has caffeine AND electrolyts.