I didn't plan it this way for my 50th Year Challenge, but I'm lining up quite a streak of half marathons this spring. I'm now registered for three in a row:
1. B&A Trail Half Marathon: 4 March 07
2. National Half Marathon: 24 March 07
3. Ocean City Half Marathon: 7 April 07
I just learned of a possible new race in my very own little town:
4. Bridge to Bridge Half Marathon: 21 April 07
So if that one happens, perhaps I should do this:
5. My Own Private Forerunner Half Marathon: some time 7 May 07 to 13 May 07
(Yeah, I could do the Queens, NY Half Marathon then, but I probably won't feel like traveling all the way up to NY for it. I'll look for a closer official race.)
Or maybe the Belle Haven 25K as a kickoff on 24 Feb 07.
. . . so that I do five half marathons within ten weeks, and finish up about 5 weeks before my 50th birthday!
I'm definitely NO Dean Karnazes, but it would make a nice little string o' runs for me.