Monday, November 27, 2006

Still can't decide

. . . whether to do a spring marathon. Or not. I should decide fairly soon if I'm going to give the training that I need to do for it a real chance. I'm just not quite ready to jump right back into high mileage training.

But in the meantime, I signed up for the National Marathon Half Marathon in Washington, DC on March 24th. My time of 1:04:31 at the 10K a year ago barely squeaked by the qualifying standard for either the marathon or the half marathon by 29 seconds (1:05:00 for a 10K). But hey! This year I blew it away by well over a minute and a half in two separate 10Ks! Woo hoo me!

But I don't want to be the straggler at the tail end of this marathon, because I don't know that there will be good course support out there after 5 hours. I'd rather play it safe and tackle the half marathon on this day and finish up while lots of people are still out on the marathon course.

Still under consideration:
B&A Trail Marathon or half marathon on March 4th, 2007
Lower Potomac River Marathon on March 11, 2007

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Come run Atlanta with Kay and me on March 25th! :)