Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Quiet times

Enjoying a few quiet, uneventful days, not much new. Watching the Tour and setting up my new Lanterne Rouge blog.

Took the girls for their 2-year pediatrician appointment. They're really 25 months since birth now, but 22.5 months since their due date. Everything is fine, except for some delays due to their rough start. We're still waiting for Elisabeth to decide to say her first word, and we still have some questions about her hearing. And she gets hives at random times. Both girls have underbites, and Catherine will probably need glasses very early, and Elisabeth may possibly need another eye alignment surgery. But otherwise, they're perfect. They're little but they're feisty.
  • Catherine: 21 pounds 1 ounce; 30.5 inches tall
  • Elisabeth: 18 pounds 9 ounces; 29.75 inches tall
I'm working on my husband for a trip to the 2012 London Olympics. They'll be nine then, won't that be fun? Just the right time to get them inspired about each getting their own gold medal. ;-) I have to say I'm rather glad that DC-Baltimore was out of the running for hosting the Olympics rather early. Too much congestion and traffic here already!

But they're a lot of fun. Today they were running around the house and I looked up to find that they were both, the two of them, STANDING up in the baby swing. Which is about 2 feet off the ground. How they both got in there I'll never know.

Then later when I'm eating dinner Catherine (who ate earlier) keeps coming up and bugging me for a piece of rice cake, which I'd give her and she'd run away and (presumably) eat it. I realized after about ten rounds of this that she was taking one bite of the piece I gave her and putting the rest in the garbage can, then running back for more.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Kids are so darn cute around that age! You must be a very proud mommy!

Tracy said...

Oh, you must have freaked to see them in that baby swing! Hilarious about the rice cake thing...OMG. kids ;)

vj said...

Nancy, I love the new blog. Great idea, how very cool, and what a nice way to get deep into the Tour!

Comm's said...

so the mighty mo has decided to run over the new puppy with his big wheel. Are not all two year olds the same?