Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Back on track

Every time I have a bout of bronchitis I seem to get slower. I'm still coughing now and then but I'm about 95% recovered this round. So I went over to the track to get a little slightly faster jogging done today.

But I just didn't have it today. (It was unseasonably warm, too: 63*F and windy). Mile repeats were:
  • 12:33
  • 10:44
  • 10:40
  • 12:59

The "fast" two in the center were about the times of my slow two in September. Oh well. It's all good. I just have to stay healthy and keep laying down the miles and they'll come around.

Whew, I have a 15k race on Sunday - I haven't run that long in ages. Last year I cramped up so badly on this course that I had to stop - I'll take the first couple of miles pretty slowly this time out there. Slow finish times are better than DNFs.

4 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Good luck on your race this weekend! We've had some wild swings in temps recently.

Lesser is More said...

I say its the heat. I had a terrible run this morning and that is my excuse and I am sticking to it. Fortunately, it will cool back down for your race, which will hopefully make running a little easier. Good luck!

Noah Wood - A Maryland Runner said...

Nice work on the mile repeats Nancy; those aren't bad at all for getting back into running and getting over an illness. All the best and fun times with your race this weekend; enjoy the holidays as well :)

jeanne said...

good luck sunday. there's nothing worse than warm when you're all set for cold. i'm hoping sunday is FRIGID!