Saturday, December 22, 2007

Happy winter solstice!

The precise moment of the 2007 solstice was Sat., Dec. 22, 1:08 A.M. EST. So the days are ALREADY getting longer!* Hooray! Shout a cheer, we've beaten back the darkness once again!

Thank goodness! I'm heading out this morning to meet my training buddy and another local guy at the Y for a run starting at 11 minutes after sunrise (which will be at 7:19 AM).

The best part of this time of year for me is that my girls occasionally sleep until past 8AM, which also gives me another hour or so of sleep.

But not this morning! I'm going to run like a cheetah! Or gazelle! Or sloth! Or something. . . .

-----
*Unless, of course, you're one of our friends in Australia or New Zealand, in which case you're in the middle of summer and you don't care that days are getting shorter for you because life is good.