Monday, September 03, 2007

Running the numbers


These are just my notes to myself about my long run today, just so I can keep track of what seems to be working. Everything went reasonably well today - it was long, I took breaks at the car every 2.4 miles (not counted in the pace), but mainly because the temperatures stayed below 80*F I didn't quit early and I got the job done that I needed to do. NO digestive problems for a very nice change! I'm 8 weeks out now from Marine Corps Marathon - I'll do 3 to 5 more long runs of this distance on up to about 20-22 miles. I hope I can do at least a couple of them faster than this one!

Total distance: 17.28 miles
Moving pace: 12:05 min/mile
Total time including stops: ~4:15
2 Imodium plus 2 ibuprofen 1 hour pre-start
2 Excedrin @ mile 11
12 Endurolytes (1.2 g sodium) (1 per 1.4 miles/1 per 11 ounces water)
17 Clif Bloks (1 per mile)
140 ounces water (8 oz/mile)
Body weight down 1.2 pounds (very mild dehydration, not bad at all)

Swan Villas loop: 1) 30:00, 2) 31:06
Chance Hope loop: 1) 30:05, 2) 28:43, 3) 28:41
Golf course loop: 1) 29:16, 2) 28:52

PS: Yes, I'm aware that I shouldn't take ibuprofen or Excedrin for long runs. No lectures about it unless you're at least 50 years old, have arthritic knees, and have had at least two surgeries on your feet, okay!?
PPS: How 'bout them negative splits!??
PPPS: If I could do this pace for the full 26.2 miles (without breaks!) that would give me a 5:17 marathon. Which would be a huge PR. BUT - I still think I might be able to go faster than that, if the weather is good and I keep my focus in that difficult final 10K. We'll see. . . .

5 comments:

rachel said...

awesome! :D

jeanne said...

very very nice nancy! make sure you send me your expected times so I can get out there and cheer for you!

and you'll get no lectures from this corner, even though i meet (some) of your criteria. You're talking to someone who took 6 immodiums and drank a cup of coffee before the MCM. I lost track of the advil!

LBTEPA said...

when I can run for four hours I'll lecture you - hang on, no I won't

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

The MC MArathon! I should add that to my list. You've done this before, right? Is it a nice course?

Tea said...

MCM--great race! your pace looked great. Nice and controlled.