Saturday, September 08, 2007

Preparing for the Annapolis Triathlon

Went over and checked in today at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium for the Annapolis Triathlon tomorrow. T2 and the finish line will be at the stadium.

I'll be wanting some jet engines tomorrow. . . .

One of the nicer approaches (below) to the finish line of a triathlon! You can see the fences getting set up for the finish line at the 50-yard line. (Um, aren't victorious touchdowns at the end line? Why the 50-yard line?) I'm not sure I will like being on the Jumbotron (hey, I'm Jumbo enough as it is!), but if I fly in there under 3:30 I'm going to airplane it in all the way to the finish. Unless it's too close on the clock to mess around playing airplane.

T1 will be downtown, directly behind the biggest boat in the center of the photo below, along Ego Alley.


I'm not sure exactly where we will be entering and exiting the water, but it will be somewhere along these docks (below).

Buttercup in her place and all ready to fly tomorrow!

Annapolis is a charming city - a beautiful race venue - and it was a lovely day for a stroll around town. Both the tourists and the plebes were taking advantage of the fine weather. I won't be noticing much of the scenery tomorrow!






Update: It's 8:33 PM, both my girls are sick (one threw up today, the other has a fever) and I have a stomach ache. WTF!? I sure hope it's gone when I have to drag myself out of bed tomorrow morning at 3AM.

5 comments:

jeanne said...

good luck nancy! you're gonna rock it!

such a pretty place, annapolis. enjoy your day.

Spokane Al said...

What a magnificant place to hold a triathlon! You are one lucky athlete.

Jonah Holland said...

Good Luck! Have Fun, sounds like a challanging race, I will pray for now sea nettles.

LBTEPA said...

What a beautiful spot - have a great day Nancy

Downhillnut said...

I hope you and the girls are feeling much better tomorrow. Go and kick some BUTT!