Monday, September 24, 2007

Disney triathlon done!

Just finished the Disney Tri yesterday and it was a pretty decent quasi-Olympic event with a fun 36-mile bike leg - in contrast to the horror stories I heard from last year!

I'm happy to say that I earned hardware as 3rd Athena over 40 - out of TEN! It was hot (naturally - it's Florida) and the "run" was more like a hot death-march, but I pushed on as best I could past the armadillo roadkill without ending up flat on the pavement (like more than one guy did) and I'm glad I hung on because 4th place was just 23 seconds behind me! (I was 12th/21 in my age group - solid midpack finish there!)

Super-great to see Shawn and Linae there too, who found me just before the swim. Thanks for coming out, ladies!!!


Long report when I get home!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Nancy!

Spokane Al said...

Congratulations. I will be looking forward to reading the details.

A Wild Celtic Rose said...

CONGRATS !!!

It's also great to see piccies of Linae and Shawn.

I'm going to do my first tri next summer. I figure that the Danskin one will be a good first. Especially since I don't swim laps and don't have a fast bike.

LBTEPA said...

Congratulations!

21stCenturyMom said...

Congratulations! That is an outstanding result!!

Rainmaker said...

Your racking up quite a collection of hardware as of late! Congrats!

That looks like a fun race to do, might have to toss it on the calendar for next year. Hopefully it won't conflict with the Nation's Tri.

Brent Buckner said...

Congratulations!
[HARDWARE - w00t!]

Fe-lady said...

Whoohoo! Congratulations! Can't wait for the report!
(Now are you doing Disney World with the family today?)

Andra Sue said...

Congrats! I'm SO glad to hear they fixed all the snafus from last year. It really had the potential to be a great race. :)

Shawn said...

Great job, Nancy!! The picture of the award came out well!

Okay, we were out in the same conditions (warm, humid, rain) and Linae looks 100x better than me! No fair!! ;)

ShirleyPerly said...

Congrats on the finish and double for the award!!

Look forward to reading your RR. I might do this race next year if they keep the new bike course and I'm in town.