Saturday, January 03, 2009

The week that wasn't

I log my workouts in increments of a week, starting Sunday morning and ending Saturday night. Each weekend I look back at my weekly targets and total up my distances for the week, and all this year I've been logging those distances in the right-hand sidebar (as well as in my own Excel log).

That keeps each week's workouts fresh and immediate and helps keep my goals in focus every day.

My official weigh-in day is Fridays, however, to hopefully give me 5 strong days of attention to diet each week before I backslide over the weekend.

Anyway, this year we've ended up with a week split 4 days in one year and 3 days in another. Which wreaks havoc on my system.

So I'm going to skip a week and count Week 1 of the year as starting on Sunday January 4th.

I'll confess that part of the reason is that I haven't done any cycling or swimming this week to log anyway. However, school starts again on Monday January 5th as does my OFFICIAL IRONMAN TRAINING. Here we go again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO - 2009 is going to be a GREAT year for you. Best of luck with the training.

jeanne said...

you're allowed a week off! cuz if you are, then i am. happy trails!

LotStreetWiz said...

Ok, I'm a nerd, but most yeas split a week, and the way it's done in most calendar systems is that the week is allocated to the year in which most of its days fall. If you have a Sun.-Sat. week, then the week ending today belongs to last year. I use a Mon.-Sun. week, so this week belongs to '09.

Ok, I know it wasn't really the point.

Nancy Toby said...

True! But I already filled 2008 with 52 weeks. So it's full. And 3 days wasn't enough to start a week in 2009. Oh well, it's done....

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

WOW! Ironman training starts already!?!?! Yikes!

I'm looking forward to training with you vicariously!