I've got the week mapped out for week 3 of 24 weeks of iron-distance training, which will end up at the beginning of summer (when I was planning to do Eagleman Aqua Velo, which has been dropped from the schedule in favor of a vacation at the beach). I still need to find a fun event or two in early June to cap off my spring training.
Key workouts planned for this week are a 120-min bike (probably on the trainer inside tomorrow), a 70-minute run, a 60-90 min swim and a 70 min bike/20 min run brick.
Then over the summer the plan is to go to maintenance training while the girls are out of school and free time is more limited; then crank up the volume again 10-12 weeks out from Beach 2 Battleship on November 7th. Battleship or bust!
Oh yeah, here's my current tentative event schedule, subject to additions when I find some other fun events (mostly for summer/fall) that fit in well:
- RD Seminar: 08 Feb 09
- B&A Half Marathon: 01 Mar 09
- Disney Princess 5k: 07 Mar 09
- Disney Princess Half Marathon: 08 Mar 09
- National Half Marathon: 21 Mar 09
- Dorchester YMCA half?: 11 Apr 09
- Oxford Day 10k?: 26 Apr 09
- Potomac Marathon: 03 May 09
- Columbia Triathlon: 17 May 09
- Chesapeakeman Aqua Velo: 26 Sep 09
- B2B iron distance tri: 07 Nov 09