Friday, February 13, 2009

New house soon!

Just this morning we signed the next-to-final papers on our "new" house, 2 doors down from our current house, closing date probably in early April. This is going to be interesting, since it needs the kitchen gutted and rebuilt before we move in.

Even though it looks very small from the street, it's a good size with 3 bedrooms, a big upstairs office, and a sunroom, family room with fireplace, 1-car garage, and (of course) kitchen, dining, and living rooms. The lot is about a half acre with an unobstructed water view just across a thin slice of neighbor's land (it doesn't actually touch the water or it would cost $500,000 more!).


Our final results from the sidebar pool say that most folks want to hear about the remodeling, in some form! So later this spring you can expect to see a mix of whining and bragging about my training, intermingled with grunge, blood, sweat, and tears from our house overhaul.


Thanks for voting!!

7 comments:

Julia said...

I want that house! Dang, my house is small...

Shannon said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Enjoy. I do hate moving, but it's usually worth it.

jbmmommy said...

Oops, my husband was signed in.

Brent Buckner said...

Ah, the poll comes through - we get deets!

Fe-lady said...

Very cute! and really exciting that you "have to" gut the kitchen! I LOVE looking at kitchen remodel ideas! Yes...give me ALL the details!
Half and acre...in my DREAMS!

jeanne said...

congrats! it looks lovely! and a water view too!!!! whoooooo!