Friday, July 18, 2008

First movie

We took the girls today to see their first film ever in a theater: Wall-E. Catherine liked it (and kept up a fairly loud series of questions and hilarious commentary), Elisabeth was disinterested.

That's the first film I've seen in a theater since . . . oh, either Titanic or one of the Lord of the Rings films.

Wall-E was fun, very different for Disney/Pixar (I don't see any cuddly toys coming out of this) but visually impressive, the plot kept moving briskly, and it's ultimately a positive ending. Probably better on the big screen than on DVD, but it depends on how much your local cinema charges ($22 admission for 2 adults and 2 kids today).

Doesn't really take the cheap shots at fat people that I expected, either, although they feature in the plot.

4 comments:

LBTEPA said...

We haven't taken Noddie yet - must do that. Maybe when this movie comes out here! I can just imagine Catherine's commentary. We have 'tightarse Tuesdays' here, when all the tickets are discounted (v popular for some reason LOL)

Fe-lady said...

Love Wall-E! He's my new hero!

Kewl Nitrox said...

That's like me with the boys last month when we went to "Kungfu Panda". It was their first time at the theatre, and also a first for me in a LONG LONG time. The boys had a ball!

Comm's said...

Seen Wall E twice now. Mo loves it. I was surprized about the lack of fat jokes as well but it sure played a big part of the story. Did not see that coming and by the end I was affirmed by the human spirit.