Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Goofy again

I just signed up for the 2011 edition of the Goofy Challenge to earn another set of these fine medals - the same back-to-back half marathon and marathon that I completed back in 2006.

I need those big challenging goals to keep me going in my training - but it has to be a goal that I look forward to as being FUN, not one that I dread!

Goofy is fun. And a challenge.

My personal challenge this time around: beat 9 hours for 39.3 miles. (My total last time was 9:52:24).

Not sure yet if I'll do the Dopey and also sign up for the 5k on Friday. We'll see how the travel plans shape up for it.

Anyone else?


LBTEPA said...

we plan to be there in 2012!

Brent Buckner said...

I keep thinking that I *need* a set of those finisher's medals....

ShirleyPerly said...

Sorry, I'll be in Hawaii early January but I did Goofy in 2006 too. It was a fun challenge.