Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Recommended bike storage

I just installed four of these in my garage to hang my bikes from the wall and they seem to work great!!!

Also known as Gladiator Vertical Bike Hook (a Whirlpool product) - Google that if the link doesn't work.

Pretty simple to install the suspending bar (rigid plastic, but sturdier than a board; just screw into the wall studs) and the hooks just snap into it. You can also buy and hang other kinds of hooks and baskets for shoes, helmets, etc., off the same bar.

Not much more expensive than buying boards and c-hooks, and better built for the job, plus neater in appearance.

Recommended!! Someone could even put these into apartment walls if they had wooden studs and spackle over the holes without too much damage when moving out.

3 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

I am a little bit tempted to put one up in my condo.

Shelley said...

OMG, that's very cool.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I'd like to thank you for this PSA. We no longer have ceiling space in our new garage, and this is just the option we've been looking for. Yes, I've had too much caffein tonight, why do you ask?