Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I'm nearly ready!

Today was a good day.

The scale gave me a very nice gift first thing in the morning: the lowest number this millenium. I love it! FitDay is my friend!

Today was also my last hard running workout before the Columbia Triathlon on Sunday. Four miles on the hilly path, working on staying strong on both the uphills and the downhills. I think it was a pretty good test-run for the rolling Columbia course, and it felt great the whole way.

So great that I was inspired to tackle My Nemesis Hill again. My fastest time running up it was 3:05, last February. I haven't done repeats on it for a long time. I had no idea what I'd do, but I jogged up it and did my best to stay strong and steady. Just like always - gasping and breathing hard, but keep the feet moving, keep the effort level high all the way until you can touch the street pole and the top and then hit the button on the watch.

2:41. Over 12% faster.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!

14 comments:

KLN said...

YAHOOOOOOOO!!! That's awesome, and the result of all of your hard work. I'm back with FitDay as well. I seem to do better on calories than points (and I eat better too, seeing my ratios).

WELL DONE!

Habeela said...

Yawza! Mama's on fire! You're going to do so awesome on Sunday!:D

Flo said...

Wow!! Great news on the weight loss. In case I forget, good luck Sunday. You are making awesome progress and will totally rock this race.

Oldman said...

glad you got help for Sunday... good luck in the race! you will be great!

Cliff said...

When I do hill repeats, there is a telephone pole at the end where i have to turn around. I will always give it a high five. Love that feeling.

Bolder said...

booyah!

*jeanne* said...

Good for you!

You are READY! :-)

Whooooo-hoooooo!!!!!

Mojo said...

Wowweeee, Nancy! You must be feeling great. Lowest weight, a fast run. I bet you'll have a PR at your tri this weekend. I'm excited for ya!

Fe-lady said...

Cooool progress! (Isn't it fun?)
You will do so well at the race this weekend..seems as if everyone, everywhere (except me!) is racing this weekend. There is TONS going on country wide!

Downhillnut said...

You got me. I finally signed up with Fit Day. Mind you, it didn't keep me from eating ice cream for lunch and dinner yesterday...

GREAT JOB on the hill! Okay, no more ice cream for meals for me.

Lynne said...

Wow --- Let me say it again -- WOW on both weight and fitness fronts... Do you think you are faster because you are lighter or lighter because you are faster?????

Nancy Toby said...

Definitely faster because of lighter weight!!!! Sucks to carry around a bunch of non-working lard in all my races, you know?

Actually that's a big motivator for me now, getting faster without additional effort (other than watching the calories).

Phil said...

Keep it up. Your positive attitude is contageous. Good luck on Sunday.

You need to scratch the word "nearly" out of the title of this post. Clearly, you are ready.

Genuine Lustre said...

That's awesome Nancy - you go! I'm jealous of the weight loss.

I loved the pic of the naked tot. I have one of those at my house too. : P